CAVOUR’S TOMB

THE FAMILY CRYPT

After Camillo’s death in 1861, the Cavour family commissioned the building of a tomb under the family chapel, located next to the church’s apse. The tomb is decorated with Doric columns in granite and black marble cladding on the walls. It was declared a National Monument and it holds the remains of the Benso di Cavour, the Clermont-Tonnerre, Sellon and Sales families.